Welcome to Y5T's Class Page 2021-2022
Summer Term 2022
We are now in our last term of Year 5 - where has the time gone? With the weather warming up and sunnier days ahead, we have lots of enriching and exciting topics and work to come this term, as well as gearing ourselves up to become Year 6's after the summer break. Our 5T children are so proud of all they have accomplished so far in year 5 and have made such wonderful memories. We can't wait to make many more over the next few months!
The Curriculum Overview for learning for the year is shared on this page. It gives a brief outline of the subjects and learning objectives we will teach throughout Year 5. We will continue to update this page periodically, sharing details and photos of our exciting learning experiences and include any useful links to support your child’s learning from home. Remember to keep an eye on our Class Dojo page too, where you will find useful reminders, resources and photos of our learning.
Our classroom is a happy and positive working environment where praise and encouragements are used to motivate, support and empower all of the children. We ask that each child tries their best and develops a resilient attitude towards learning. We value the support you give your child at home with reading, spelling, learning times tables and delving into any topic based research or interests your children may express.
Please do not hesitate to speak to us if you have any questions throughout the year.
Our class email is y5T@ourlady-st-gerards.lancs.sch.uk
Mrs R Todd
Robinwood information November 2021
Our Behaviour Charter
Our school Behaviour Policy is built upon the ‘5 pillars of Pivotal Practice’ (‘When Adults Change, Everything Changes’, Paul Dix):
Consistent, calm adult behaviour,
First attention to best conduct,
Scripting difficult conversations,
We have three simple goals: Be safe, Be a Learner, Be Kind and Respectful.
Year 5 Overview of Themes
Year 5 text overview
Recommended Reading Books
We have selected these recommended reading lists from Peters Education to ensure that our children have access to a wide range of books. These books are all available in school and form our 'core' texts in our class libraries. These lists are chosen because they:
- link with our curriculum for each year group
- represent different cultures
- introduce children to new authors and expand their knowledge of familiar authors
- ensure progression
- match topics of interests for our children
- tackle current themes
- PE will take place on a Tuesday and Wednesday. Please ensure your child has their correct (Summer/Winter) kit in school on these days.
- Homework will be set each Friday on SumDog. Your child will have maths, spellings and grammar homework to complete by the following Friday.
- Regular maths challenges/class competitions will be set on SumDog. These tend to run for half a term and the competition winner will be awarded with a special prize.
English (Reading, Writing, Spelling, Grammar):
Meet The Teacher
The PowerPoint shared at this year's 'Meet the Teacher' is below.
What texts are we reading, loving and learning from in 5T?
Take a look inside our lessons...