Trail : home : Governors
The Governance Statement
In accordance with the Government's requirements for all governing bodies, the three core strategic functions of the Our Lady & St. Gerard's Primary School Governing Body are:
1. Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction and ensure all statutory duties are met;
2. Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils and the performance management of staff;
3. Overseeing the financial performance of the school and ensuring its money is well spent.
The Governing Body have two working committees:
1. Resources Committee (Chair: Mr John Kingswood)
~ To monitor the finances of the school, oversee the financial performance of the school and ensure any money is spent effectively.
~ Oversee the maintenance and development of school premises.
~ Ensure that there are robust health and safety procedures and practices.
2. Standards and Effectiveness Committee (Chair: Mr EdwinTaylor)
~ Monitor and review teaching and learning, school data and statistics in order to identify strengths and areas for development.
~ Ensure that high quality and skilled staff challenge children to achieve their full potential.